Wednesday, June 6, 2007

HOME DEPOT FIRED EMPLOYEES, MIDWEST CITY, Okla.

READ THIS STORY AND LET HOME DEPOT HEAR YOUR VOICE
MIDWEST CITY, Okla. -- A former Home Depot employee said the company fired him and three other workers because they helped police catch several suspected shoplifters in May.

Midwest City Police said the men helped officers catch suspected shoplifters as they tried to run from a store with lawn equipment.
An internal memo from Home Depot outlines that associates cannot accuse, detain, chase or call the police on any customer for shoplifting. However, one of the fired employees said the company is selective in enforcing that policy.

Home Depot action of firing employees stopping a crime, I just can't believe! Until I read some of the postings here! Now I have a better understanding of our public thinking. Let someone else do it (the cops) Guess what? They can not do it alone even in a police state.
You all have lost your courage to do the right thing. This is one of many reasons crime does pay. I have so much to say on this but feel I would get carried away! So let me say this, I wrote a letter to Home Depot advising the CEO I would be selling my stock and stopping my company from making about $10,000.00 in monthly purchases unless there policy changes to be more reasonable not only out of concern for liability reason but what is right. Good Luck

No comments: